5 January 2009
To say the least, the last year has been a very “interesting” one. Here are our picks for “The Best from HotelLawBlog.com” from 2008. There are some classic pieces here!
- Hotel Attorney on Hotel Cap Rates. What’s happening to hotel cap rates, values and financing? – 12 May 2008
- Hospitality Lawyer: Hotel Management Agreements: SNDAs or Subordination Agreements – 26 October 2008
- Hospitality Lawyer: Troubled Hotel Loan Solution — JMBM’s SAVE® Program – 7 December 2008
- Hotel Lawyer — How to terminate a hotel management agreement when an operator really deserves it! – 5 February 2008
- Out of the Panic and into Opportunities of a Lifetime – 17 December 2008
- Hotel Attorney on Hotel Management Agreements. How to get the right hotel operator – 21 April 2008
- Hotel Lawyer Marta Fernandez: Winning the Hearts, Minds and Loyalty of Your Workforce BEFORE the Union Comes Calling – 1 December 2008
- What lies ahead in the hotel industry? Hospitality Lawyer looks at the good, the bad and the ugly . . . and something we haven’t seen in 20 years! – 19 July 2008
- Hotel Lawyer: Ritz-Carlton breached contractual and fiduciary duties under hotel management agreement giving rise to free termination, $10.3 million in damages plus attorneys fees. When will hotel operators “get it”? – Feb 1, 2008
- Hospitality Lawyer — “Speed bumps” in the road to bankruptcy for hotels and resorts. Part 1 — Special Purpose Entities getting approval to file bankruptcy. 15 November 2008
- Hospitality Lawyer with urgent ADA warning: You won’t believe what they want to do with ADA now – 20 September 2008
- Fortunes will be made . . . or lost . . . in the wake of The Financial Bailout Bill and the Panic of 2008. What happens AFTER the Bailout Bill . . . – October 1 2008
- Hotel Lawyer: How to build, operate and finance GREEN hotels now. – 1 April 2008
- Hotel and Timeshare Lawyer — 3 Keys to Survival for Vacation Ownership Developers as the Financial Crisis bites deeper
- Hotel Lawyer — Making a bigger pie for everyone in defaulted Hotel Loan mortgage loan turnarounds, restructurings and bankruptcies
- Hotel Lawyer: The “Great De-leveraging,” a “financial panic” and unprecedented opportunities coming our way. Do you see them? Are you ready?
This is Jim Butler, author of www.HotelLawBlog.com and hotel lawyer, signing off. We’ve done more than $50 billion of hotel transactions and more than 100 hotel mixed-used deals in the last 5 years alone. Who’s your hotel lawyer?
Our Perspective. We represent developers, owners and lenders. We have helped our clients as business and legal advisors on more than $50 billion of hotel transactions, involving more than 1,000 properties all over the world. For more information, please contact Jim Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310.201.3526.
Jim Butler is one of the top hospitality attorneys in the world. GOOGLE “hotel lawyer” or “hotel mixed-use” or “condo hotel lawyer” and you will see why.
Jim devotes 100% of his practice to hospitality, representing hotel owners, developers and lenders. Jim leads JMBM’s Global Hospitality Group® — a team of 50 seasoned professionals with more than $50 billion of hotel transactional experience, involving more than 1,000 properties located around the globe. In the last 5 years alone, Jim and his team have assisted clients with more than 100 hotel mixed-use projects — frequently integrated with energizing lifestyle elements.
Jim and his team are more than “just” great hotel lawyers. They are also hospitality consultants and business advisors. They are deal makers. They can help find the right operator or capital provider. They know who to call and how to reach them.