10 May 2019
LOS ANGELES—Jim Butler, Chairman of JMBM’s Global Hospitality Group®, along with Jack Westergom of Manhattan Hospitality Advisors, will speak at the 4th Annual West Institutional Real Estate Investor Forum on June 5, 2019 in San Francisco on the topic of hotel investment. They will also conduct a roundtable discussion for investors who may be new to the hotel investment.
“Many institutional investors, family offices and other sophisticated real estate investors are looking to hotels to increase investment returns. While hotel investments can offer significantly higher cap rates and greater long-term profits, many investors realize they need experienced advisors to avoid pitfalls that might otherwise confront them,” said Butler. “This program will provide an introduction and guide to hotel investments for those looking into how this asset class fits into an investor’s portfolio.”
The morning presentation is entitled, “Time for a second look at Hotels: The hidden gem of asset classes.” It will cover the following:
- Fundamentals of hotel investment
- 3 reasons investors buy or build hotels
- What makes hotels different
- How much of a hotel’s value is due to the operating business
- Which hotel agreements have the most impact on value. How much impact?
- Who are the critical members of your hotel team
- Case studies for hotel investment – greater upside if done well, greater downside if done badly
- Why you should let experience be your guide CONTINUE READING →