20 October 2016
David Loeb, Senior Research Analyst at RW Baird, presented his research during the Meet the Money® 2017 planning meeting hosted recently during The Lodging Conference. His presentation covered factors currently impacting the hospitality industry, including the stock market, cap rate changes, hotel REITs, and new technologies.
I found David’s presentation very interesting and noted the following highlights:
- Hotel supply and demand growth are nearly in equilibrium, and forecasts still call for continuing positive grow
- Many investors are sitting on the sidelines waiting for the next downturn
- Secondary and tertiary markets are outperforming
- Select service continues to grow in popularity and is getting a premium valuation
- In terms of market capitalization, the hotel industry is comprised of “Host and 14 dwarves,” but when compared to non-hotel REITs (such as retail industry giant Simon Property Group), it is more like 15 dwarves
- Transparency in hotel pricing and technology are having a dramatic effect on the hotel industry
Please click here to see and download David’s complete presentation. Hotel Capital Markets Update
David Loeb, Senior Research Analyst
Join us at Meet the Money® 2017 for more industry analysis from top experts and the opportunity to network with hospitality executives and capital providers from all other the country. Our national hotel finance and investment conference will be held May 8-10, 2017, in Los Angeles—for more information, visit www.MeetTheMoney.com.
This is Jim Butler, author of www.HotelLawBlog.com and hotel lawyer, signing off. Why don’t you give us a call (or send an email) and let us know what you working on? We would like to see if our experience might help you create value or avoid unnecessary pitfalls. Who’s your hotel lawyer?
Our Perspective. We represent hotel owners, developers and investors. We have helped our clients find business and legal solutions for more than $71 billion of hotel transactions. As of June 30, 2016, we have closed more than $1 billion of EB-5 financing for our clients, and sourced more than $700 million for their projects.
As a client, our unparalleled experience means that you get:
- better, faster, more cost-effective results
- greater certainty of execution while avoiding costly missteps or missed opportunities
- added credibility from our experience and reputation
- greater confidence that you will get the best deal possible
If you would like chat about how we might help you achieve your hotel goals–with EB-5 financing or otherwise– please contact Jim Butler. And of course, there is no charge for our initial discussion.